A leading national public information response from KFF focused on the U.S. domestic epidemic, in particular communities and people most affected.
- All 38 plans tested included a stand-alone question about HIV status.
- All 38 plans denied coverage to people with HIV.
- Number of new HIV infections: 38,500
- Number of people living with HIV: More than 1.1 million
- Percent of people infected with HIV who don’t know it: 14%
- As the opioid epidemic persists, concerns regarding HIV transmission have grown.
- Learn more about these dual epidemics.
62% of people with HIV
- Who ADAPs serve
- Their national budget
- Drugs covered
- Cost-containment measures & more