Two abortion cases have pending requests for Supreme Court review this term. If a Court with a solid conservative majority chooses to take these cases, abortion laws and who can legally challenge them could be affected in major ways.
- A reconfigured Supreme Court with a 6:3 conservative majority would have implications for a host of cases involving health policy issues, including the Affordable Care Act, abortion rights, Title X family planning funding, Medicaid work requirements, Medicaid enrollees’ free choice of provider and more. We look at cases on the docket for the coming term and those the Court may consider in the future.
This brief provides an overview of the legal challenges to the Trump Administration final Title X regulations and summarizes the key positions of the plaintiffs and HHS.
- Data note
This KFF analysis finds that the supplemental Title X funding that HHS awarded to grantees to “prioritize filling service gaps” in the federal family planning program still leaves significant gaps in many parts of the country.
This interactive map and table show the status of Title X sites by state. This analysis is based the June 2019 listing of Title X sites available from the HHS Office of Population Affairs and public statements and news coverage regarding clinic and grantee participation in Title X.
- insurance coverageThis factsheet reviews major sources of coverage for women residing in the U.S., discusses the impact of the ACA on women’s coverage, and the coverage challenges that many women continue to face.
- abortionReviews federal & state policies on coverage for abortion and estimates the availability of abortion coverage for women enrolled in private plans, ACA Marketplace plans, and Medicaid.
- medicaidA presentation of key data points describing the current state of the Medicaid program as it affects low-income women’s access to coverage and care.
- State health factsInformation on women’s health status, utilization of services, health insurance coverage, family planning and childbirth, and abortion statistics and policies.
This interactive tool provides state profiles on women’s health and access to care. Browse the map and click on a state to view a women’s health data dashboard in each of four categories.