A look at the ballot initiative votes in Idaho, Nebraska, Utah, and Montana, and the implications of the gubernatorial elections in Kansas, Maine and Wisconsin.
We analyze the impact of the repeal of the individual mandate penalty and the expansion of loosely-regulated plans.
Use this tool to estimate what your premiums and tax credits for 2019 Affordable Care Act marketplace coverage could be based on your zip code, income, family size and age.
Short-term plans can charge premiums that are 54 percent lower by:
- Excluding coverage of pre-existing conditions or denying insurance altogether to people with such conditions.
- Limiting or not covering benefits such as prescription drugs, maternity care, mental health and substance use treatment.
Our list of FAQs about the open enrollment period covers a range of topics related to Medicare enrollment, including Medicare Advantage, Part D, Medigap, and more.
- Medicaid/CHIP enrollment likely to decline.
- Over 14M Medicaid and CHIP enrollees live in a household with a noncitizen.
- 94 percent of noncitizens who entered the U.S. without legal permanent resident status have characteristics the government could weigh against them in public charge determinations.
From Drew Altman
Our Medicaid wavier tracker captures approved and pending state waivers involving Medicaid expansion, work requirements, benefit restrictions and other categories.