Amid Unwinding of Pandemic-Era Policies, Medicaid Programs Continue to Focus on Delivery Systems, Benefits, and Reimbursement Rates: Results from an Annual Medicaid Budget Survey for State Fiscal Years 2023 and 2024
This annual Medicaid budget survey report highlights certain policies in place in state Medicaid programs in state fiscal year (FY) 2023 and policy changes implemented or planned for FY 2024. The findings are drawn from the 23rd annual budget survey of Medicaid officials conducted by KFF and Health Management Associates (HMA), in collaboration with the National Association of Medicaid Directors (NAMD).
Medicaid budget survey reports from prior years are available in our archives.
- A news release announcing the publication of the 2023 Medicaid Budget Survey is available.
- The Executive Summary provides an overview of the 2023 survey results and is available under the Executive Summary tab.
- The complete 2023 Medicaid Budget Survey Report is available under the Report tab. The Report tab contains 7 separate sections. Users can view each section separately or download a full Report PDF that will be available on the right side of the page.
ENROLLMENT & SPENDING BRIEF
- This companion issue brief provides an overview of Medicaid enrollment and spending growth with a focus on FY 2023 and FY 2024.
- A recording of a November 14 web briefing highlighting key findings from the 2023 report will be available.
- Additional briefs using 2023 Medicaid budget survey data are forthcoming and will be linked here once published.