More News In Global Health
Agence France-Presse: On World Cancer Day, professor hails ‘tremendous progress’ made so far (2/4).
Al Jazeera: U.N. warns of health risks for Iraqi children in deadly winter (Matheson, 2/5).
Associated Press: Brazil institute: Potential health crisis from dam breach (Jeantet, 2/5).
Bloomberg: Ebola Fears Take Monkey Meat Off the Menu (Francis, 2/6).
The BMJ: Cervical cancer: deaths increase as HPV vaccine is underused, says WHO (Dyer, 2/6).
Devex: Q&A: WHO’s new Western Pacific director on vaccine hesitancy, UHC (Ravelo, 2/5).
The Guardian: Young woman dies in fourth ‘period hut’ tragedy this year in Nepal (Ratcliffe, 2/6).
SciDev.Net: West Nile Virus spotted in Pakistan (Shaikh, 2/5).
SciDev.Net: Community projects cut new malaria cases by 94 percent (Ogema, 2/5).
Science: Rise in size of African families may be tied to less schooling (Kaiser, 2/4).
Thomson Reuters Foundation: India’s doctors: from ‘conversion’ to conversation on LGBT+ issues (Rosman, 2/4).
U.N. News: Libya: $202 million needed to bring life-saving aid to half a million people hit by humanitarian crisis (2/5).
Xinhua News: Nigeria records 41,000 cancer-related deaths in 2018: WHO (2/5).
- Non Communicable Disease/Chronic Disease
- Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
- Women's Health
- Environment and Climate Change
- Family Planning & Reproductive Health
- UN Agency
- Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)
- Treatment and Prevention Strategies
- LGBT/MSM/Gay and Bisexual
- Health In Emergency Situations/Humanitarian Assistance
- Disease Diagnosis/Detection