Sierra Leone Says Ebola Lockdown Successful, Quarantines Three Additional Districts
News outlets report on Sierra Leone’s efforts to contain the Ebola outbreak.
Agence France-Presse: Sierra Leone says 300 sick or dead found during Ebola lockdown
“Sierra Leone said on Wednesday around 100 bodies and 200 patients had been collected from homes during its three-day lockdown to stem the deadly Ebola epidemic raging in west Africa…” (9/24).
Nature: Infectious disease: Ebola’s lost ward
“…In less than a month, the hospital’s operations would topple under the weight of the worst Ebola outbreak in history. The wards were overwhelmed with patients and [Sheik Humarr Khan], an infectious disease physician at Kenema, and many of his staff were among those fighting for their lives…” (Hayden, 9/24),
Reuters: Sierra Leone quarantines three more districts in fight against Ebola
“Sierra Leone has put three more districts under indefinite quarantine in a bid to fight Ebola, President Ernest Bai Koroma said in a statement, which means five of the country’s 14 districts have now been isolated…” (Fofana, 9/25).
The KFF Daily Global Health Policy Report summarized news and information on global health policy from hundreds of sources, from May 2009 through December 2020. All summaries are archived and available via search.