Welfare, Work and Health Care
As the U.S. Congress works on legislation to reauthorize Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), the nation's welfare program, the Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured cosponsored a briefing on the health-related issues of the reauthorization.
- Chart Pack: Welfare Reform Reauthorization: A Focus on the Health Issues
- Summary Comparison of Key Health-Related Provisions in TANF Reauthorization Legislation and Proposals (June 28, 2002)
- Fact Sheet — Welfare and Work: How Do They Affect Parents' Health Care Coverage?
- Policy Brief: Low-Income Parents' Access to Medicaid Five Years After Welfare Reform
- Fact Sheet — Transitional Medical Assistance (TMA): Medicaid Issue Update
- Testimony: Welfare Reform and Transitional Medical Assistance
- Issue Paper: Women Who Left Welfare: Health Care Coverage, Access, and Use of Health Services
- Report: How Have States Responded to the Eligibility Restricitions on Legal Immigrants in Medicaid and SCHIP?
- View a webcast of the briefing.