A Report on Women and HIV/AIDS In the U.S.
This report maps the trajectory of the HIV/AIDS epidemic among women in the United States (U.S.), including the following:
- key historical epidemiological trends and the important role played by women in the response over time;
- the current impact of HIV among women in the U.S., including a profile of those most affected by race/ethnicity, age, transmission risk, geography, and other demographics;
- major sources of prevention, care, and treatment for women with and at risk for HIV;
- attitudes toward and knowledge about HIV among women; and
- ongoing challenges and opportunities.
While HIV has impacted women worldwide–globally, women comprise half of all those living with HIV–this report focuses on the impact of HIV on women in the U.S.