- Medicaid/CHIP enrollment likely to decline.
- Over 14M Medicaid and CHIP enrollees live in a household with a noncitizen.
- 94 percent of noncitizens who entered the U.S. without legal permanent resident status have characteristics the government could weigh against them in public charge determinations.
88% of workers with spousal health benefits have access to coverage for same-sex spouses
- What are health and health care disparities?
- Why do these disparities matter?
- What is the status of disparities today?
- What are key initiatives to address disparities?
- What is at stake looking forward?
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people often face challenges and barriers to accessing needed health services and, as a result, can experience worse health outcomes.
- Exposes children to trauma and stress
- Can lead to negative effects on development and physical and mental health
- Health consequences can be lifelong