The Public’s Health Care Agenda for the New President and Congress This survey captures the public’s attitudes regarding the health care agenda for President Obama and the new Congress in 2009. It assesses the relative priority placed on health care by the American public as part of addressing the…
Amid heightened public concern, the cost of prescription drugs is the focus of renewed attention by the Trump administration and lawmakers in Congress and state capitals. Proposed actions range from sweeping health care system changes to targeted initiatives that could affect Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance. See KFF’s research, analysis and public opinion data, as well as Kaiser Health News’ journalism, related to prescription drugs and their costs.
Featured Prescription Drugs Resources
With increased national attention towards prescription drug costs, this poll examines the public’s experiences with prescription medicine and their views on current policy proposals brought forth by congressional lawmakers and the Trump administration, including international reference pricing, transparency in drug advertisements, and negotiations with drug companies. The survey also dives into the attitudes and experiences of adults, 65 and older – a group that is more likely to report taking prescription medication and shopped for prescription drug coverage.
Poll Finding See More
Related Prescription Drugs Resources
- What’s the Latest on Medicare Drug Price Negotiations?
- What are the recent and forecasted trends in prescription drug spending?
- Kaiser Health News Coverage of Prescription Drug Issues
- 10 Things to Know About Medicare Part D Coverage and Costs in 2019
- Medicaid’s Prescription Drug Benefit: Key Facts
- Utilization and Spending Trends in Medicaid Outpatient Prescription Drugs
- How Much Does Medicare Spend on Insulin?
- How Does the Trump Administration Drug Pricing Blueprint Affect Medicaid?
- What’s in the Administration’s 5-Part Plan for Medicare Part D and What Would it Mean for Beneficiaries and Program Savings?
- Public Opinion on Prescription Drugs and Their Prices
- What Are Recent Trends and Characteristics of Workers with High Drug Spending?
- Closing the Medicare Part D Coverage Gap: Trends, Recent Changes, and What’s Ahead
- Snapshots of Recent State Initiatives in Medicaid Prescription Drug Cost Control
- 10 Essential Facts About Medicare and Prescription Drug Spending
- Retail Prescription Drugs Filled at Pharmacies per Capita
How Does Prescription Drug Spending and Use Compare Across Large Employer Plans, Medicare Part D, and Medicaid?
Prescription drug costs are a pressing concern for both consumers and policymakers. This analysis compares prescription drug spending and use in large private employer plans, Medicare Part D, and Medicaid, based primarily on claims data by payer, which does not account for rebates.
Issue Brief See More