Featured Abortion Resources
In this video, KFF Associate Director for Women’s Health Policy Laurie Sobel describes how a ruling overturning Roe could affect abortion access in the United States.
Video See More
Related Abortion Resources
- The Availability and Use of Medication Abortion Care
- Intersection of State Abortion Policy and Clinical Practice: June 2021 Update
- Medication Abortion and Telemedicine: Innovations and Barriers During the COVID-19 Emergency
- The Availability and Use of Medication Abortion
- State Action to Limit Abortion Access During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Interactive: How State Policies Shape Access to Abortion Coverage
This issue brief provides background on the legal challenges to the Mississippi law in the context of the Supreme Court abortion precedents, addresses the intersections with the litigation that has arisen from S.B. 8, the Texas 6-week abortion ban, and explains the potential outcomes and how they could impact access to abortion around the country.
Issue Brief See More
- view as grid
- view as list
This issue update reviews abortion since the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision Roe v. Wade legalized it in 1973. Every state has laws regulating some aspect of the provision of abortion, and many have passed restrictions that are now in effect, such as parental consent or notification requirements; mandated counseling…Issue Brief Read More