Death Toll Rises To 467 In W. Africa Ebola Outbreak; Red Cross Suspends Operations In Southeast Guinea
News outlets continue coverage on the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, where the death toll has risen to 467 people.
Agence France-Presse: W. African nations in crisis talks as Ebola spreads
“Health ministers from across western Africa will meet on Wednesday to plan ‘drastic action’ against the deadliest-ever Ebola epidemic as dozens of new cases continue to emerge. There have been 759 confirmed or suspected cases of the hemorrhagic fever in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday, with 467 people dead…” (Boakye-Yiadom, 7/1).
Agence France-Presse: Ebola death toll rises to 467 in West Africa: WHO
“The death toll from the Ebola outbreak in West Africa has risen to 467, the World Health Organization said Tuesday…” (7/1).
Reuters: Ebola toll jumps to 467 as ministers mull response
“The number of deaths attributed to an epidemic of Ebola virus in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone stood at 467 by Monday, out of 759 known cases in total, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday…” (Miles, 7/2).
Reuters: Red Cross suspends Ebola operations in southeast Guinea after threats
“The Red Cross in Guinea said on Wednesday it had been forced to suspend operations tackling Ebola in the country’s southeast after staff there were threatened by a group of men armed with knives…” (Hussain, 7/2).