LOCATION: Washington, DC (preferred) or San Francisco, CA
STATUS: Full-Time; 24-month term-limited position
PROGRAM AREA: Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured and Program on Medicare Policy
KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation), a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communications, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public. KFF is seeking a Research Assistant whose work will support analyses on issues related to people who are dually enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in preparing and formatting fact sheets, policy briefs, presentations and other documents describing analysis of the financing and delivery of care for people who are dually enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid.
- Create figures, tables, charts, and other data visualizations to effectively communicate key findings.
- Provide research support, including conducting literature reviews, background research, and tracking policy activities.
- Keep abreast of new policy developments and research pertaining to dually-enrolled beneficiaries.
- Respond to media and email inquiries about project-related work.
- Assist with communications strategies to disseminate work, including through social media and other media outlets.
- Provide administrative support.
- Track grant performance and draft quarterly and final reports for submission to the funder.
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated interest in health policy, especially Medicare, Medicaid, and/or the challenges facing people with low-incomes and disabilities.
- Proven ability to think critically and learn quickly, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience creating data visualizations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with a preference for familiarity with statistics and exposure to statistical programming.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Inquisitive, creative, productive, positive-minded, and results oriented.
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s Washington, DC office, located downtown near Metro Center (preferred) or in KFF’s San Francisco office. KFF is currently working a hybrid schedule and requires all staff to work in the office a minimum of 2 days a week, with a longer-term hybrid policy of 3 days a week. The position is term-limited for 24 months.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, and you have the requisite experience and qualifications, please email your resume and a cover letter explaining how your background matches the job requirements to email@example.com. Please submit these documents as separate attachments, labeled as “Last Name_First Name_Document Title”, and include “Research Assistant, Dually-Enrolled Medicaid and Medicare” in the subject line of your email.
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
KFF requires all employees to provide proof that they are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender-identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.