Assistant to the Executive Vice President, Health Policy
LOCATION: Washington, DC
STATUS: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
PROGRAM AREA: Health Policy
The Kaiser Family Foundation, a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, health journalism and communication, focusing on the major health care issues facing the U.S., as well as the U.S. role in global health policy. Kaiser serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
The Kaiser Family Foundation’s Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured (KCMU) provides information and analysis on health care coverage and access for the low-income population with a special focus on Medicaid’s role and coverage of the uninsured. The Commission, led by the Foundation’s Executive Vice President and Senior Vice President, is the largest program of the Kaiser Family Foundation and is conducted by Foundation staff and informed by an outside advisory group of commissioners.
This position will provide overall administrative and policy support to the Executive Vice President of the Foundation and Executive Director of the Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured and assist in the coordination and management of her responsibilities and activities.
- Assist Executive Vice President in organization and management of health policy staff and projects for the Foundation;
- Prepare presentations, briefings, journal articles, reports, and executive office correspondence as needed;
- Take lead role in the planning and execution of all KCMU meetings, events, and dissemination activities, working with the KCMU Executive Director and KCMU Director. Serve as a liaison with Commission members, facilitate travel arrangements and reimbursements for meetings, and coordinate the preparation of briefing and meeting materials;
- Coordinate the Foundation’s document review process for policy staff and projects;
- Create a database of PowerPoint slides used for KCMU or Foundation presentations;
- Serve as liaison for the executive office with Menlo Park, California and Washington, DC staff;
- Respond to phone and e-mail requests and invitations; and
- Maintain calendar for the Executive Vice President and schedule meetings with key policy, media, and government officials.
Minimum Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and/or three years of experience working in positions directly applicable to the requirements of this position;
- Self-starter who works through to completion with good judgment and good problem solving skills;
- Experience with health policy issues, federal and state policy, and health organizations preferred;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to organize a diverse workload and work with multiple deadlines;
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft office, including experience with PowerPoint; and
- Knowledge of public programs especially Medicaid and Medicare preferred.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Please label your documents “Last Name_First Name Document Title”, and write “Assistant to the Executive Vice President” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please.
HR-Assistant to the Executive Vice President
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation
2400 Sand Hill Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Fax: (650) 854-8037
Equal Opportunity Employer