Our analysis includes data on the number of insurers by state and county from 2014 to 2019.
Use this tool to estimate what your premiums and tax credits for 2019 Affordable Care Act marketplace coverage could be based on your zip code, income, family size and age.
Short-term plans can charge premiums that are 54 percent lower by:
- Excluding coverage of pre-existing conditions or denying insurance altogether to people with such conditions.
- Limiting or not covering benefits such as prescription drugs, maternity care, mental health and substance use treatment.
- Medicaid expansion, other program changes
- Protections for pre-existing conditions
- Strengthening the individual insurance market
- Medicare-for-all or a single payer health system
- Abortion and women’s reproductive health
With state-level data in the 34 affected states.