- ExplainerIn 2018, a judge ruled the ACA individual mandate is unconstitutional and that the entire law should be struck down. Here’s the potential impact if the entire law was held to be invalid.
- courtsThis issue brief answers key questions about Texas v. United States. The litigation challenges the Affordable Care Act’s minimum essential coverage provision (known as the individual mandate) and raises questions about whether the law can survive.
As unemployment claims skyrocket amid the COVID-19 crisis, this analysis finds most people who lose their job-based coverage are likely eligible for subsidized coverage through the ACA marketplaces or Medicaid.
- Section 1557Removing the ACA’s Section 1557 anti-discrimination protections for gender identity, as contested Trump administration regulations seek to do, may further raise barriers to care among the estimated 1.4 million transgender adults living in the U.S.
- Private Insurance
Individual market insurers, on average, remained profitable through the first three months of 2020 as claims costs rose only slightly compared to the same period last year.
- FAQsFind answers to over 300 frequently asked questions about buying coverage on the health insurance marketplaces. Over 180 of our FAQs are now available in Spanish.
- interactiveWith this calculator, you can enter your income, age, and family size to estimate your eligibility for subsidies and how much you could spend on health insurance.
- Health ReformThis brief provides an overview of the financial assistance provided under the ACA for people purchasing coverage on their own through health insurance Marketplaces (also called Exchanges).