- ExplainerIn 2018, a judge ruled the ACA individual mandate is unconstitutional and that the entire law should be struck down. Here’s the potential impact if the entire law was held to be invalid.
- courtsThis issue brief answers key questions about Texas v. United States. The litigation challenges the Affordable Care Act’s minimum essential coverage provision (known as the individual mandate) and raises questions about whether the law can survive.
A Closer Look at the Uninsured Marketplace Eligible Population Following the American Rescue Plan Act
This analysis examine key demographic characteristics of the uninsured population eligible for subsidies to buy Marketplace coverage following the American Rescue Plan.
- Coverage GapWe explore several potential policy options that would help close the Affordable Care Act’s “coverage gap,” including providing further new incentives for states to expand Medicaid, creating a new “public option” or extending ACA Marketplace premium subsidies to low-income people who don’t currently qualify for federal help.
Recent and Anticipated Actions to Reverse Trump Administration Section 1557 Non-Discrimination RulesWhat’s the latest in the legal and regulatory wrangling over Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act, which protects LGBTQ people and others from discrimination in health programs? We summarize current developments and identify issues to watch.
- FAQsFind answers to over 300 frequently asked questions about buying coverage on the health insurance marketplaces. Over 180 of our FAQs are now available in Spanish.
- interactiveWith this calculator, you can enter your income, age, and family size to estimate your eligibility for subsidies and how much you could spend on health insurance.
- Health ReformThis brief provides an overview of the financial assistance provided under the ACA for people purchasing coverage on their own through health insurance Marketplaces (also called Exchanges).