Young Adults and Students

I’m 24 and I used to be covered as a dependent on my parent’s policy. I dropped off last year when I found other coverage, but now I’ve lost that other coverage and want to get back on my parent’s policy. Can I do that?

Ver en Español

Yes. You are still eligible to be covered as a dependent. Your parent’s plan must offer you a special opportunity to re-enroll because you lost other coverage. That special enrollment opportunity must last at least 30 days from the date you lost other coverage.

While we have made every effort to provide accurate information in these FAQs, people should contact the health insurance Marketplace or Medicaid agency in their state for guidance on their specific circumstances.