Medicaid Managed Care Market Tracker
Medicaid MCO State-Level Enrollment Data
- Total Medicaid MCOs
- Total Medicaid MCO Enrollment
- Medicaid Managed Care Expansion Activity
- Share of Medicaid Population Covered under Different Delivery Systems
- Medicaid Managed Care Penetration Rates by Eligibility Group
Medicaid MCO-Level Data
- Medicaid MCO Enrollment by Plan and Parent Firm, 2018
- Medicaid MCO Enrollment by Plan and Parent Firm, March 2020
- Medicaid MCO Quality Ratings
Medicaid MCO Parent Firm-Level Data
Medicaid MCO State-Level Spending Data
Medicaid MCO State-Level Access Standards & Contract Requirements
- Medicaid MCO Access Standards: Primary Care
- Medicaid Managed Care Quality Initiatives
- Performance Measure Focus Areas for Medicaid Managed Care Incentives
- States Reporting Medicaid Managed Care Requirements for Alternative Provider Payment Models (APMs)
- States Reporting Social Determinant of Health Related Policies Required in Medicaid Managed Care Contracts
- States using Medicaid Managed Care “In Lieu of” Authority for Inpatient Treatment in an IMD
Medicaid Managed Care State-Level Data
about this data collection
This Data Collection, the Medicaid Managed Care Market Tracker, provides information related to risk-based Medicaid managed care organizations (MCOs) that provide comprehensive services, including acute care services and, in some cases, long-term services and supports as well, to Medicaid enrollees. In addition, the Tracker provides information on parent firms that own Medicaid MCOs in two or more states.
Separate from the comprehensive Medicaid MCO-related indicators, the tracker also includes a collection of other broader managed care state-level data which show enrollment in any “managed care” models including Primary Care Case Management (PCCM) programs, prepaid ambulatory or inpatient health plans (PHPs), and the Program for All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE).
The data in the Medicaid Managed Care Tracker are current to the date or period specified in the sources for each table.
The information in this Tracker is public information and may be reproduced with appropriate citation.