Event Application and Planning Guidelines
Who Is Eligible?
We provide our conference facilities free-of-charge to non-profit organizations working in the health care and public policy fields. Final determination of scheduling occurs through a short application process. Applications typically receive an answer within two weeks of submitting an External Application Form. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions in regard to eligibility of your organization.
How To Apply
- Download and complete the external events application. (MS Word; right-click and choose “Save As”). Please include any backup dates you may have for an event.
- Email the completed application to email@example.com.
Once we receive your application, you will usually receive notice of our decision within two weeks.
How to Apply and Schedule an Event at the Barbara Jordan Conference Center
- Preliminary Site Visit: If you are not familiar with our facility, email our Conference Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a site visit.
- Submit Drafts of Event Email Alerts, Invitations, Agendas and Publications: We review event publications and emails to verify that our facility is not misrepresented. Please submit draft press releases, invitations, email alerts, etc. for review for pre-approval to email@example.com.
- Select Caterers and other Event Vendors: Select a caterer from our Approved Caterers for BJCC and notify firstname.lastname@example.org of your choice.
- You are responsible for ordering these items from your caterer:
- Round Tables (If using rounds as your setup)
- Beverage services/breakfast, lunch, snacks, etc.
- Drinkware, flatware or dinnerware, etc.
- Troubleshoot Event AV Logistics: Submit any questions you may have concerning audio visual requirements to our conference AV team.
- Webcasting Requests: Organizations wishing to have their event videotaped and/or webcast are responsible for contacting and coordinating with Spark Street Digital, our approved local vendor, to crew their production.
Typical Event Planning Schedule
Unless otherwise noted, please email requested information to email@example.com.
- Two Weeks Before Your Event: Review your application form and revise to reflect changes in seating, agenda, audiovisual requirements and other logistics and email us the final form.
- One Week Before Your Event: Confirm florist, equipment rental and catering arrangements and schedule deliveries and set ups with our office.
- Two Working Days Prior To Your Event:
- Please submit PowerPoint presentations, videos and other audiovisual media a minimum of two working days prior to your event to our conference AV team (email will be provided to approved, confirmed organizations).
- Email a final agenda as well as lists of speakers and attendees.
- Day Before Your Event: We encourage you to schedule a walk through of the facility the afternoon before your event, once it is set up, to confirm seating and equipment arrangements. You will be able to review a dry run of your presentation at that time. To schedule your walk-through please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.