A Reporter’s Guide to U.S. Global Health Policy: Additional Kaiser Family Foundation Tools and Resources
The Kaiser Family Foundation provides a variety of resources that offer basic facts and information on global health, as well as analysis of U.S. policy issues and polling on public attitudes and perceptions. These resources — all available through Kaiser’s U.S. global health policy online gateway page — include:
- Global Health Facts, an easy-to-use tool providing country-level data on health and socio-economic measures, displayed using maps and tables.
- A policy tracker, which summarizes major policy and budgetary developments related to U.S. global health policy.
- A budget tracker, providing up-to-date information on the status of Administration budget requests and Congressional action.
- The Kaiser Daily Global Health Policy Report, a daily summary of news coverage related to U.S. policy, available online and through a free email subscription.
- A glossary of global health terms.
- Downloadable PowerPoint slides on global health.
- Answers to frequently asked questions about various diseases.
- Guides to news reporting on HIV/AIDS issues, available in English and a variety of other languages.
- Webcasts of major global health policy conferences, expert panel discussions, and interviews with global health leaders.
- A free online video library for journalists who report on global health issues.