Information Technology Internship
LOCATION: Washington, DC
HOURS: Up to 30-hours per week
TERM: Up to One year
REPORTS TO: Senior Technology Officer
KFF (The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation), a nonprofit organization, is the nation’s leading health policy organization dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a nonpartisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
KFF is seeking an intern for its Technology Working Group (TWG). TWG provides Help Desk and technical support to KFF’s various departments. The TWG intern will be involved in providing general support of all technology issues, including the deployment of hardware and software resources, assisting staff with various IT needs and possible system and network administration project work.
This internship provides an opportunity to work on a wide variety of technologies including laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices, A/V and network/server equipment. The TWG intern will gain practical work experience troubleshooting and resolving computer issues, expand their knowledge of a range of software programs, and deepen their understanding of how network environments work.
This is a paid position based in KFF’s Washington, DC office.
Minimum Required Expertise and Qualifications:
- High interest and familiarity with computers and technology;
- Setup, diagnose, and repair computer and network related issues;
- Proficiency with Microsoft, Apple and Adobe products as well as current modern web browsers;
- Some familiarity with basic networking (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS);
- Ability to lift 50 lbs;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent team player and contributor; and
- Must be an enrolled student.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with mobile devices (e.g., Apple, Android, Tablets, etc.);
- Experience with cloud based services, iDrive, OneDrive, AWS, etc.;
- Experience with Cisco Networking and Cisco Unity telephony; and
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2- 2019, Hyper-V, Exchange 2016, 0365 and Active Directory.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title.” Please write “DC TWG Intern” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.