State Health Facts
More than 800 up-to-date health indicators at the state level can be mapped, ranked, and downloaded. Learn more
Featured IndicatorHealth Status
Rate of Firearm Deaths Among the Total Population, 2021
Explore New & Updated Indicators
- Medicaid and CHIP Monthly Enrollment
- Monthly Child Enrollment in Medicaid and CHIP
- Total Monthly Medicaid & CHIP Enrollment and Pre-ACA Enrollment
- Median Self Pay Charges for Abortions, by Type of Abortion
- Total Health Care Employment
- Health Care Employment as a Percent of Total Employment
- Rate of Teen Deaths (15-19) per 100,000 Teenagers
- Voting and Voter Registration as a Share of the Voter Population, by Race/Ethnicity
- Number of Voters as a Share of the Voter Population, by Age
- Total Suicide Deaths by Race/Ethnicity
- Total Cancer Deaths by Sex
- Rate of Child Deaths (1-14) per 100,000 Children
Explore Custom State Reports
Create a custom report compiling data across health topics for a single state or multiple states.
See a sample report on reported legal abortions by states and age group
Explore Additional State-Level Data Tools
Women's Health Policy
Abortion Access in the United States
On June 24, 2022, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health, overturning Roe v. Wade, eliminating the federal standard protecting the right to abortion. Across the nation, states are reacting by implementing bans or protecting access to abortion. It is now up to each state to establish laws protecting or…More
Medicaid State Fact Sheets
What percentage of people are covered by Medicaid in your state? Our State Medicaid fact sheets provide a snapshot with key data for Medicaid in every state related to current coverage, access, and financing, as well as a politics section for each state.
Medicaid Postpartum Coverage Extension Tracker
Track recent state actions to extend Medicaid postpartum coverage beyond the required 60 days.
Medicaid Waiver Tracker: Approved and Pending Section 1115 Waivers by State
This Medicaid waiver tracker page aggregates tracking information on pending and approved Section 1115 Medicaid waivers. It includes resources such as figures, detailed waiver topic tables, and explanatory briefs.
Medicare State Profiles
These state profiles capture the variations across states in the number and characteristics of Medicare beneficiaries through the Medicare Savings Programs and Medicare’s Part D Low-Income Subsidy.
Status of State Medicaid Expansion Decisions: Interactive Map
This page displays an interactive map of the current status of state decisions on the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid expansion. Additional Medicaid expansion resources are listed (with links) below the map.