State Health Facts
More than 800 up-to-date health indicators at the state level can be mapped, ranked, and downloaded. Learn more
Featured IndicatorDemographics and the Economy
Poverty Rate by State
Explore New & Updated Indicators
- Medicaid and CHIP Monthly Enrollment
- Medicaid MCO Enrollment by Plan and Parent Firm, 2020
- Medicaid Enrollment in Managed Care by Plan Type
- Average Drug Fills and Average Gross Drug Costs Per Medicare Part D Enrollee
- Medicare Beneficiaries Enrolled in Part D Coverage
- Status of State Adoption of 12-Months Postpartum Coverage in Medicaid
- State Requirements for the Provision of Medication Abortion
- Abortion Policy Tracker
- Medicaid Eligibility through the Medically Needy Pathway
- State Adoption of Selected ACA Medicaid Eligibility and Renewal Provisions for Aged/Disabled Population
- State Policies Protecting or Restricting Legal Status of Abortion
- Total Number of Medicare Beneficiaries by Type of Coverage
Explore Custom State Reports
Create a custom report compiling data across health topics for a single state or multiple states.
See a sample report on opioid use disorder and opioid overdose deaths in select states.
Explore Additional State-Level Data Tools
Women's Health Policy
On June 24, 2022, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health, overturning Roe v. Wade, eliminating the federal standard protecting the right to abortion. Across the nation, states are reacting by implementing bans or protecting access to abortion. It is now up to each state to establish laws protecting or…More
Women's Health Policy
Explore the latest national and state-specific data and policies on women’s health. Topics include health status, insurance and Medicaid coverage, use of preventive services, sexual health, maternal and infant health, and abortion policies.
Track recent state actions to extend Medicaid postpartum coverage beyond the required 60 days.
This Medicaid waiver tracker page aggregates tracking information on pending and approved Section 1115 Medicaid waivers. It includes resources such as an overview map and figure, detailed waiver topic tables, and explanatory briefs.
These state profiles capture the variations across states in the number and characteristics of Medicare beneficiaries through the Medicare Savings Programs and Medicare’s Part D Low-Income Subsidy.
This page displays an interactive map of the current status of state decisions on the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid expansion. Additional Medicaid expansion resources are listed (with links) below the map.