State Health Facts
More than 800 up-to-date health indicators at the state level can be mapped, ranked, and downloaded. Learn more
Featured IndicatorMental Health and Substance Use
Age-Adjusted Suicide Rates, US Total and Top-Five States (deaths per 100,000 people)
Explore New & Updated Indicators
- Allocation of Monkeypox Vaccines
- Monkeypox Cases
- Professionally Active Primary Care Physicians by Field
- Professionally Active Physicians by Gender
- Professionally Active Dentists by Specialty Field
- Uninsured Rates for the Nonelderly by Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (CPS)
- Health Insurance Coverage of Women 19-64 (CPS)
- Health Insurance Coverage of Low Income Adults 19-64 (under 200% FPL) (CPS)
- Population Distribution by Citizenship Status (CPS)
- Distribution of the Nonelderly Uninsured by Race/Ethnicity (CPS)
- Total Number of Residents (CPS)
- Health Insurance Coverage of Children 0-18 (CPS)
Explore Custom State Reports
Create a custom report compiling data across health topics for a single state or multiple states.
See a sample report on reported legal abortions by states and age group
Explore Additional State-Level Data Tools
Women's Health Policy
On June 24, 2022, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health, overturning Roe v. Wade, eliminating the federal standard protecting the right to abortion. Across the nation, states are reacting by implementing bans or protecting access to abortion. It is now up to each state to establish laws protecting or…More
Women's Health Policy
Explore the latest national and state-specific data and policies on women’s health. Topics include health status, insurance and Medicaid coverage, use of preventive services, sexual health, maternal and infant health, and abortion policies.
Track recent state actions to extend Medicaid postpartum coverage beyond the required 60 days.
This Medicaid waiver tracker page aggregates tracking information on pending and approved Section 1115 Medicaid waivers. It includes resources such as figures, detailed waiver topic tables, and explanatory briefs.
These state profiles capture the variations across states in the number and characteristics of Medicare beneficiaries through the Medicare Savings Programs and Medicare’s Part D Low-Income Subsidy.
This page displays an interactive map of the current status of state decisions on the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid expansion. Additional Medicaid expansion resources are listed (with links) below the map.