State Health Facts
More than 800 up-to-date health indicators at the state level can be mapped, ranked, and downloaded. Learn more
Featured IndicatorHealth Status
Rate of Firearm Deaths Among the Total Population, 2021
Explore New & Updated Indicators
- Eligibility for Medicare Savings Programs for Qualified Individuals (QIs)
- Distribution of Medicare Beneficiaries Receiving Part D Low-Income Subsidies, by Age
- Share of Medicare Beneficiaries Receiving Medicare Part D Low-Income Subsidies
- Professionally Active Dentists
- Total Number of Physician Assistants
- Professionally Active Primary Care Physicians by Field
- Reported Legal Abortions by Age Group Within the State of Occurrence
- Rate of Legal Abortions per 1,000 Women Aged 15-44 Years by State of Occurrence
- States Reporting At Least One Medicaid Benefit Expansion
- States With an Ambulance Provider Tax in Place
- States Reporting Provider Rate Increases
- Total Medicaid Spending
Explore Custom State Reports
Create a custom report compiling data across health topics for a single state or multiple states.
See a sample report on reported legal abortions by states and age group
Explore Additional State-Level Data Tools
Women's Health Policy
On June 24, 2022, the Supreme Court issued its decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health, overturning Roe v. Wade, eliminating the federal standard protecting the right to abortion. Across the nation, states are reacting by implementing bans or protecting access to abortion. It is now up to each state to establish laws protecting or…More
What percentage of people are covered by Medicaid in your state? Our State Medicaid fact sheets provide a snapshot with key data for Medicaid in every state related to current coverage, access, and financing, as well as a politics section for each state.
Track recent state actions to extend Medicaid postpartum coverage beyond the required 60 days.
This Medicaid waiver tracker page aggregates tracking information on pending and approved Section 1115 Medicaid waivers. It includes resources such as figures, detailed waiver topic tables, and explanatory briefs.
These state profiles capture the variations across states in the number and characteristics of Medicare beneficiaries through the Medicare Savings Programs and Medicare’s Part D Low-Income Subsidy.
Affordable Care Act
This page displays an interactive map of the current status of state decisions on the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid expansion. Additional Medicaid expansion resources are listed (with links) below the map.