COVID-19 Coronavirus Tracker – Updated as of April 6, 2020
Published: Apr 06, 2020
About COVID-19 Coronavirus
In late 2019, a new coronavirus emerged in central China to cause disease in humans. Cases of this disease, known as COVID-19, have since been reported across China and in many other countries around the globe. On January 30, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the virus represents a public health emergency of international concern, and on January 31, 2020, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services declared it to be a health emergency for the United States.
About This Tracker
This tracker provides the number of cases and deaths from novel coronavirus by country, the trend in case and death counts by country, and a global map showing which countries have cases and deaths. The data are drawn from the Johns Hopkins University (JHU) Coronavirus Resource Center’s COVID-19 Map.
This tracker will be updated regularly, as new situation reports are released.
- KFF’s Special Topic Page on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 3 Questions and Answers About the Coronavirus and the U.S. Response
- News Summaries on the Coronavirus from the Daily Global Health Policy Report
- U.S. Global Health Funding: Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs), FY 2006-FY 2020
- The U.S. Government and the World Health Organization