Georgia: Demographics and the Economy
This category includes information on demographics (population by age, gender, race/ethnicity), income (people in poverty by demographic grouping, median family income), and state fiscal distress (unemployment, food stamp participation, foreclosures).
Please note, the majority of health coverage data posted to this site is now based on analysis of the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey (ACS). In the past, these data had used the Current Population Survey (CPS). We have replaced all previously-posted data, including data for prior years, with data based on ACS. ACS includes a 1% sample of the US population and allows for precise state-level estimates as well as longer trend analyses.
Select a subcategory on the left to see how the indicators compare across the states. Results will be shown as a table, map, or trend graph as available.
Georgia: Demographics and the Economy Indicators
- Total Number of Residents
- Population Distribution by Age
- Population Distribution by Citizenship Status
- Population Distribution by Family Structure
- Population Distribution by Gender
- Population Distribution by Race/Ethnicity
- Population Distribution of Children by Race/Ethnicity
- Population Distribution of Children by Citizenship Status
People in Poverty
- Distribution of Total Population by Federal Poverty Level
- Poverty Rate by Age
- Nonelderly Adult Poverty Rate by Family Structure
- Nonelderly Adult Poverty Rate by Gender
- Poverty Rate by Race/Ethnicity
- Distribution of the Total Population by Federal Poverty Level (above and below 100% FPL)
- Distribution of the Total Population by Federal Poverty Level (above and below 200% FPL)
- Distribution of the Total Population by Federal Poverty Level (above and below 400% FPL)