- Power and AV Connections: Conveniently located floor boxes allow for AV, data and power connections in a wide variety of seating and podium arrangements.
- Projection System: Automated ceiling-mount projectors send images to three screens located in the conference room.
- Media: PowerPoint, live internet access, and DVD media can be displayed through this system. An AMX control panel can be placed at the podium or other locations in the room to allow speakers to control AV programs.
- Microphones: Wireless microphones as well as daisy-chain tabletop microphones are available.
- Event Recording: The Foundation can provide audio recordings of events upon request. For more advanced AV recording needs, please contact Spark Street Digital.
- Broadcast Lighting: Multiple lighting set ups are available in the Conference Center. The lighting set ups will match the room set up to enhance the quality of the broadcast, taping or webcast.
Requests to Webcast an Event
Our Conference Center has webcasting capabilities. Please include information concerning your broadcasting and AV needs in your application form. The Kaiser Family Foundation allows Spark Street Digital, a local production company, access to the Foundation’s equipment. Organizations wishing to have their event videotaped and/or webcast are responsible for contacting and coordinating with Spark Street Digital to crew their production. Please contact Spark Street Digital for more information.
The Kaiser broadcast studio is a state-of-the-art facility for producing broadcast quality video and audio content for the Web, television and radio. A fully-equipped control room permits complete monitoring of video and audio from the studio, the Barbara Jordan Conference Center and satellite feeds entering on fiber optic lines (e.g., from Capitol Hill, government offices and media organizations), as well as the capacity to accept live calls from viewers or listeners. The studio facility also includes equipment for recording and playing audio and video tapes in a variety of common formats, as well as for editing video and producing graphics for the Web, print or broadcast. In conjunction with the AV equipment in the Barbara Jordan Conference Center, any event produced in the Center can be broadcast live or archived through videotape, webcast or transmitted over fiber optic or ISDN lines to other facilities.
- Event Recoding: Hitachi HD Cameras on rolling pedestals
- Tape Formats: H.264 file, DVD, CD-R,
- Transmission: ISDN codec G.722, L2, AVOC
- Background: Cyclorama Black, White, Blue
- Audio: Sony ECM-55 and Sony ECM-77 lavaliere microphones, Yamaha 02R Mixer
- Video Switching: Newtek TC855 Tricaster