The Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker provides clear, up-to-date information on trends, drivers and issues that impact the performance of the system. It also illustrates how the U.S. is performing relative to other countries and how different parts of the system are performing relative to one another. A partnership of the Peterson Center on Healthcare and the Kaiser Family Foundation, the Tracker’s work goal places a heavy emphasis on data and evidence, addressing key questions through collections of charts, which provide data with additional context and synthesis of the latest research and developments. The Tracker also provide regular insight briefs for a more in-depth look at topical questions.
Featured Peterson-Kaiser Tracker Resources
Newly updated and expanded, the Health System Dashboard compiles data on the U.S. health system’s performance in four categories: access and affordability, health and well being, health spending, and quality of care. Users can explore trends over time, as well as disparities and differences across demographic groups. The dashboard also…
Interactive See More
Related Peterson-Kaiser Tracker Resources
- Health Spending Explorer
- A Generation of Health Care in the United States: Has Value Improved in the Last 25 Years?
- How have healthcare prices grown in the U.S. over time?
- How do healthcare prices and use in the U.S. compare to other countries?
- How much is health spending expected to grow?
- What are the recent and forecasted trends in prescription drug spending?
- An analysis of out-of-network claims in large employer health plans
- A Look at How the Opioid Crisis Has Affected People with Employer Coverage
- How Does Cost Affect Access to Care?
- How has health spending changed over time?
- How Do Health Expenditures Vary Across the Population?
- What Do We Know About People with High Out-of-Pocket Spending?
- Payments for Cost Sharing Increasing Rapidly Over Time
A new interactive tool highlights how much individuals and families in the U.S. spend on health. Users can generate scenarios based on family size, income level, insurance source, and health status. The calculator estimates direct costs, like premiums, out-of-pocket costs, and state and federal taxes that fund health programs, as well as less…
Interactive See More
- view as grid
- view as list
A new feature launched today on the redesigned Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker website provides quick and easy access to the latest key data measuring quality, spending, access, and outcomes in the U.S. health system. Compiled by Kaiser Family Foundation analysts in consultation with other top experts, the Health System Dashboard…News Release Read More
National health spending started to grow more rapidly recently after several years of unusually slow growth. This analysis from the Kaiser Family Foundation and the federal Bureau of Economic Analysis helps to dissect why that may be happening. Using recently-released disease-based health spending data compiled by the federal government, the analysis finds…Issue Brief Read More
A new animated video on the Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker provides an engaging “check-up” of the nation’s health system, addressing questions of whether it’s getting better or worse and how it compares to other countries. Health of the Healthcare System, produced by the Kaiser Family Foundation, draws on the most up-to-date,…News Release Read More