This report answers some key questions about abortion in the United States and presents data collected before the overturn of Roe v. Wade.
KFF Health Tracking Poll July 2022: Inflation Tops Voters’ Priorities, But Abortion Access Resonates For Key Voting Blocs
Featured Abortion Resources
Related Abortion Resources
- Reading the Post-Roe Tea Leaves in States Without Abortion Bans or Protections
- KFF Health Tracking Poll: Views on and Knowledge about Abortion in Wake of Leaked Supreme Court Opinion
- The Availability and Use of Medication Abortion
- State Actions to Protect and Expand Access to Abortion Services
- Abortion at SCOTUS: Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health
- Employer Coverage of Travel Costs for Out-of-State Abortion
- 'In Focus with KFF': What Happens if Roe v. Wade is Overturned?
- The Intersection of State and Federal Policies on Access to Medication Abortion Via Telehealth
- Infographic: The Availability and Use of Medication Abortion Care
- Intersection of State Abortion Policy and Clinical Practice: June 2021 Update
- Medication Abortion and Telemedicine: Innovations and Barriers During the COVID-19 Emergency
- State Action to Limit Abortion Access During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Interactive: How State Policies Shape Access to Abortion Coverage
This Policy Watch takes a look at employers ability to access abortion information when their health plan covers abortion services. With some states criminalizing entities who assist in abortions, employers and providers face legal jeopardy and existing privacy laws such as HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) may be limited in their privacy protections.