Congo’s Ebola Outbreak Now 2nd Largest In History With 426 Confirmed, Probable Cases, WHO, Health Ministry Say
Associated Press: Congo’s Ebola outbreak now 2nd largest in history, WHO says
“Congo’s deadly Ebola outbreak is now the second largest in history, behind the devastating West Africa outbreak that killed thousands a few years ago, the World Health Organization said Thursday. WHO’s emergencies chief, Dr. Peter Salama, called it a ‘sad toll’ as Congo’s health ministry announced the number of cases has reached 426. That includes 379 confirmed cases and 47 probable ones. So far this outbreak, declared on Aug. 1, has 198 confirmed deaths, with another 47 probable ones, Congo’s health ministry said…” (Anna, 11/29).