LOCATION: San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
PROGRAM AREA: Communications
KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation) is looking for a fast and flexible learner eager to develop new skills and try new ideas while ensuring content on kff.org is published in a timely manner at the highest quality. Performing in collaborative team environment, the Web Producer will work alongside KFF’s policy analysts and communications officers to ensure high-quality and creative content, graphics and embedded elements are produced to engage website visitors.
This entry level position with the KFF communications team works closely with other communications and program staff in both the San Francisco and the Washington, DC offices. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
We’re seeking a creative and detail-oriented digital producer who wants to be part of an ambitious and high functioning organization. Tell us why you want to join KFF and why no one else could do this job better than you. We’re excited to hear from you.
KFF is an independent non-profit research, polling, journalism, and communications organization engaged on the nation’s most pressing health policy issues, including the pandemic response, Medicare, Medicaid, the Affordable Care Act, private health insurance, women’s health policy, and racial equity. Our diverse and talented staff produce timely and insightful policy analyses and polling (published on kff.org) and journalism (published on khn.org) that shines a light on rapidly evolving health policy issues to inform debates and deepen the public’s understanding.
KFF is currently working a hybrid schedule and requires all staff to work in the office a minimum of 3 days a week. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Update kff.org’s WordPress website with new content, edit copy, upload and embed graphics, while adhering to KFF’s brand guidelines, SEO best practices and ADA compliance. Edit HTML code to address display issues, as necessary.
- Manage the display of data visualizations created in-house by policy analysts and data experts.
- Help evaluate new data visualization tools and platforms and keep an eye on new trends that could enhance KFF’s ability to convey data in visual formats.
- Edit and resize images in Photoshop with the potential to create graphics for the website.
- Liaise with the web development team on launching new features, reporting and tracking website bugs or problems, and quality control testing.
- Train colleagues on the various digital tools and platforms that are used to create content and assets for the website; troubleshoot issues with these platforms and provide support to colleagues needing assistance.
- Document best-practices and processes that promote better, more efficient maintenance of the website and digital platforms.
Minimum Desired Experience and Skills
- Experience with CMS (web content management systems) such as WordPress, and knowledge of basic HTML required to make style changes to web pages.
- Project management system experience (preferably Asana), a plus.
- Familiarity with Photoshop or other graphics editing programs.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and function in a fast-paced environment, on deadline.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal communication and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, for a bi-coastal organization.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter or brief statement about why you’re the right candidate for this position, your resume and at least two references to firstname.lastname@example.org labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “Web Producer” in the email subject:
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.