Web Content Specialist
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
PROGRAM AREA: Communications
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a nonprofit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communications. KFF serves as a nonpartisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
KFF is seeking a qualified candidate for a Web Content Specialist position to publish content to the kff.org WordPress website. The ideal candidate is a fast and flexible learner who is eager to try new ideas and who values a collegial and collaborative team environment. The Web Content Specialist will work alongside KFF’s policy analysts and communications officers to ensure high-quality content, graphics and embedded elements are produced to engage website visitors.
This entry level position with the communications team works closely with other communications and program staff in both the San Francisco and the Washington, DC offices. KFF is currently working a hybrid schedule and requires all staff to work in the office a minimum of 3 days a week. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the Web Production team to format and publish content on kff.org’s WordPress website. Content creation includes editing copy, uploading and embedding graphics and editing HTML code to address display issues, while adhering to KFF’s brand guidelines.
- Train colleagues on the various digital tools and platforms that are used to create content and assets for the website; troubleshoot issues with these platforms and provide support to colleagues needing assistance.
- Help evaluate new tools and platforms and keep an eye on new trends that could enhance KFF’s ability to convey data in visual formats.
- Troubleshoot website issues brought to the communications team by internal and external audiences.
- Document best-practices and processes that promote better, more efficient maintenance of the website and digital platforms.
Minimum Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience with web content management systems such as WordPress, and knowledge of basic HTML required to make style changes to web pages.
- Project management system experience (preferably Asana), a plus.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and function in a fast-paced environment, on deadline.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal communication and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, for a bi-coastal organization.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please submit the following as separate attachments to email@example.com labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “Web Content Specialist” in the email subject:
- Cover letter
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.