Web Content & Graphics Specialist
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC (Remote until November 2021)
PROGRAM AREA: Communications
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a nonprofit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communications. KFF serves as a nonpartisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
KFF is seeking a qualified candidate for a Web Content & Graphics Specialist position to publish content to the kff.org WordPress website with a focus on generating compelling graphics, data visualizations and digital assets to support KFF’s online activities.
The ideal candidate for this position loves to keep the trains running on-time, troubleshoot and problem solve and work as part of a team. Relevant work experience in digital graphics creation and web content production is crucial to this role.
This entry level position with the communications team works closely with other communications and program staff in both the San Francisco and the Washington, DC offices.
KFF staff are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. Once staff are able to return to the office this full-time position will be based in KFF’s San Francisco, CA headquarters or its Washington, DC office. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Communications Officers, Web Production Team, and Program Staff in the creation of graphics and charts for KFF’s social media platforms and website, taking a creative approach to communicating concisely and accurately key policy data in digital charts, graphs, maps, and illustrative icons.
- Work as part of the Web Production team to publish formatted content on kff.org’s WordPress website and maintain relevant schedules, processes, and brand guidelines related to content creation. Content creation includes editing copy, uploading and embedding graphics, and editing HTML code to address display issues.
- Train policy analysts to use the tools and platforms available to KFF to create data visualizations.
- Evaluate new graphics and data visualization tools and keep an eye on new trends that could enhance KFF’s ability to convey data in visual formats.
- Troubleshoot website issues brought to the communications team by internal and external audiences.
Minimum Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience creating online charts and vector graphics with Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop) and Canva. Experience creating charts with data visualization platforms (especially Datawrapper), a plus.
- Experience with web content management systems such as WordPress, and knowledge of basic HTML required to make style changes to web pages.
- Strong visual, organizational, and editorial skills to create meaningful messages in graphic format.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and function in a fast-paced environment on deadline.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal communication and time-management skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, for a bi-coastal organization.
- Interest in domestic U.S. health policy issues and the workings of state and federal government, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design, Digital Media or other relevant field preferred.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please submit the following as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “Web Content & Graphics Specialist” in the email subject:
- Cover letter
- Supporting materials that include a collection of active links or graphic files demonstrating applicable experience and credentials
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.