Survey Analyst – Public Opinion and Survey Research
Location: San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Program Area: Public Opinion and Survey Research
KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation), a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, and health journalism, and communications dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
KFF is seeking a qualified candidate for a Survey Analyst to work on various aspects of public opinion and survey research projects. The Public Opinion and Survey Research Group plays a central role in KFF’s work by undertaking original research on the public’s attitudes, beliefs, and experiences related to health policy and other issues, including experiences and attitudes related to the COVID-19 pandemic and attitudes towards COVID-19 vaccines. Working independently or in partnership with major media organizations like The Washington Post and CNN, the group examines Americans’ opinions on major health and social policy challenges in order to amplify the public’s voice in national debates, with a focus on representing historically marginalized communities. The Survey Analyst will participate in various aspects of this work, including conducting reviews and writing summaries of other research in the field, designing survey questionnaires, analysis of survey data, and preparation of graphics and written reports. The successful candidate will have excellent quantitative skills, a strong background in public opinion research, and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously under tight deadlines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform quantitative and statistical analysis of timely, in-depth population-based public opinion survey data;
- Prepare graphs, tables, and other visual presentations of data for written reports and staff presentations;
- Design questionnaires and write summary reports;
- Track and summarize news coverage related to health policy and politics;
- Respond to data requests from journalists and others;
- Work with KFF’s web production team to update web content; and
- Perform background research and prepare summary documents for senior staff members.
Minimum Required Expertise and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years’ experience working in survey research or public opinion polling required, and/or Master’s Degree with demonstrated experience in survey research;
- Very strong quantitative and data analysis skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience describing data analysis in writing;
- Experience with research methods, including survey design and statistical evaluation of data;
- Familiarity with, and interest in, key issues in health care, politics and elections, racial disparities and social justice, and social policy;
- Experience with SPSS, R, or other statistical analysis software;
- Experience preparing charts and other graphical representations of data;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects; and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, or equivalent.
This full-time position will be based at KFF’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA but it is possible that the successful candidate can be located at KFF’s DC office. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications, and includes an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply:
If this position is of interest to you, please send resume, cover letter, contact information for three references, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and Include “Survey Analyst” in the email heading.
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.