Survey Analyst, Public Opinion and Survey Research
Location: San Francisco, CA
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Program Area: Public Opinion and Survey Research
KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation), a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, and health journalism, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
KFF is seeking a qualified candidate for a Survey Analyst working on all aspects of timely, in-depth public opinion and survey research projects. The Public Opinion and Survey Research Group plays a central role in the KFF’s work by undertaking original research on the public’s attitudes, beliefs, and experiences related to health policy and other issues. Working independently, or in partnership with major national media organizations such as The Washington Post, the group examines Americans’ opinions on major health and social policy challenges in order to amplify the public’s voice in national debates. The Survey Analyst will participate in various aspects of this work, including questionnaire design, analysis of survey data, and preparation of graphics and written reports. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in public opinion surveys and be able to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and be a team player and an effective communicator.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform quantitative and statistical analysis of timely, in-depth population-based public opinion survey data;
- Prepare graphs, tables, and other visual presentations of data for written reports and staff presentations;
- Design questionnaires and write summary reports;
- Track and summarize news coverage related to health policy and politics; and
- Perform background research.
Minimum Required Expertise and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-3 years experience working in survey research or public opinion polling required, and/or Master’s Degree with demonstrated experience in survey research;
- Must have very strong quantitative skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Must have experience with research methods, including survey design and statistical evaluation of data;
- Familiarity with, and interest in, key issues in health care, politics, and social policy;
- Experience with SPSS or other statistical analysis software;
- Experience preparing charts and other graphical representations of data;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects; and
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This full-time position will be based at KFF’s headquarters in San Francisco, CA. Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, and includes an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply:
If this position is of interest to you, please send resume, cover letter, contact information for three references, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please label your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and Include “Survey Analyst” in the email heading. No phone inquiries, please.
KFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.