Senior Data Analyst, Program on the Affordable Care Act
LOCATION: Washington, DC or San Francisco, CA
PROGRAM AREA: Program on the Affordable Care Act
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communications, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
The Program on the Affordable Care Act examines changes in the private insurance market under the ACA and analysis of policy changes that affect costs and coverage. KFF is also launching a new program focused on health policy issues from the perspective of consumers, including financial barriers, administrative complexity, transparency, and accessibility of providers. This position will work across both programs.
KFF is seeking a Senior Data Analyst who will be responsible for data analysis, preparing briefs and policy analyses related to the Affordable Care Act and consumer issues, as well as periodically updating existing briefs and charts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze a variety of datasets, including insurance claims data, provider network files, publicly available survey data, and other government and private data sources.
- Creatively present complex quantitative information and explain those metrics to policymakers, journalists, employers, and the health community.
- Write briefs and blog posts on topical issues related to the private insurance market under the ACA and consumer-oriented issues like provider network adequacy and medical billing practices
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) required, with a preference for a degree in health policy, public policy, economics, statistics, or a related field, and at least 3 years of relevant work experience required.
- High proficiency in at least one statistical software package (R, Stata, SAS, Python) is required, with a preference for experience working in R.
- Ability to create graphics that communicate complex quantitative information and experience with graphic design tools required.
- Familiarity with basic statistical and economic concepts required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Interest in health policy.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on concurrent projects and balance multiple priorities.
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s Washington, DC (preferred) or San Francisco, CA office. Salary will be commensurate with experience. KFF offers an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
If this opportunity interests you, and you have the requisite experience and qualifications, please email your resume and a cover letter explaining how your background matches the job requirements to email@example.com. Please submit these documents as separate attachments, labeled as “Last Name_First Name_Document Title”, and include “Senior Data Analyst_ACA” in the subject line of your email.
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries, please.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.