LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
STATUS: Full-Time; Exempt
Program Area: Finance/Accounting
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a nonprofit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communications, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a nonpartisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
The accounting department plays a central role in managing KFF’s finances and this is an opportunity to become part of a team supporting a nonpartisan mission driven organization working with dedicated colleagues committed to improving health care for all communities. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, KFF also has a large presence in Washington, DC as well as a few smaller satellite offices.
KFF is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to work closely with a highly collaborative finance and accounting team. We are a small and ambitious group that pride ourselves on being impactful, flexible, and service-oriented in working closely with internal staff as well as external vendors. This position will work closely with the finance and accounting department in preparing quarterly management reports, annual financial statements, monthly account reconciliations and journal entries related to programmatic spending, operations & investments, plus assist with annual tax filing reports and schedules, as well as perform financial analyses and special projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of journal entries, balance sheet account analyses and reconciliations, while ensuring that internal policies and generally accepted accounting principles are followed
- Assist in preparation of quarterly internal financial reports and projections
- Support with the annual financial audit process, including the preparation of audit schedules
- Assist in managing the accounting of KFF’s investment subledger and general ledger accounts, including preparation of journal entries, account analyses and reconciliations – while ensuring that internal policies, generally accepted accounting principles, and regulatory requirements are followed
- Work closely with KFF’s internal team in the preparation of schedules and forms for tax and other annual governmental filings
Minimum Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business administration required, with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with accounting systems, e.g., Dynamics GP, NetSuite, Sage Intacct, etc.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with spreadsheet applications, preferably Excel
- Ability to think strategically
- Self-directed and motivated
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deliverable due dates
- Ability to work well independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, across multiple teams, as well as with external vendors and other parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s San Francisco, CA location, located in China Basin. KFF is currently working a hybrid schedule and requires all staff to work in the office a minimum of 3 days a week.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please submit the following as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “Senior Accountant” in the email subject:
- Cover letter
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries, please.
KFF requires all employees to provide proof that they are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccination.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.