Research Assistant, Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-Time; One-year term position with possibility of extension
Program Area: Kaiser Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured
The Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, and health journalism, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public. KFF is seeking a Research Assistant who will support research and policy work of the Kaiser Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured. The Research Assistant will work on projects related to health coverage, access, and utilization for Medicaid, with a particular focus on issues related to the Medicaid pharmacy benefit.
The Research Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Supporting senior policy staff in research and policy analysis through literature reviews, policy tracking, and other background research;
- Assisting in preparing fact sheets, issue briefs, and presentations, including generating figures, tables, and charts for presentations and publications;
- Conducting data management and analysis in Excel and presenting results of data analysis via tables and figures;
- Maintaining data collections on national and state-by-state for both internal and external users;
- Helping with dissemination of data through website content management, social media, and other outreach tools; and
- Helping with project management and coordination.
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s Washington, D.C. office, which is located downtown near Metro Center. This is a one-year term position with the possibility of an extension if funding is available. Competitive salary commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Minimum Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with a preference for a degree or experience in public health, public policy, health policy, health economics;
- Superb analytic/quantitative skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects;
- Strong organizational and management skills and attention to detail; and
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment;
How to Apply:
To apply please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please label your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and include “Research Assistant, KPMU (Pharmacy)” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please.
KFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.