Research Assistant, Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured
LOCATION: Washington, DC (Remote, until at least January 2021)
STATUS: Full-Time; Two-year term position with possibility of extension
PROGRAM AREA: Health Policy – Kaiser Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured
The Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, and health journalism, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
KFF is seeking a Research Assistant for the Kaiser Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured (KPMU), which provides information and analysis on health care coverage and access for the low-income population with a special focus on Medicaid’s role and coverage of the uninsured. The Research Assistant will help support research, quantitative and qualitative analysis and policy work for KPMU.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting senior policy staff in research and policy analysis through literature reviews, policy tracking, and other background research;
- Assisting in preparing fact sheets, issue briefs, and presentations, including generating figures, tables, and charts for presentations and publications;
- Conducting data management and analysis in Excel and presenting results of data analysis via tables and figures;
- Helping with dissemination of data through website content management, social media, and other outreach tools; and
- Helping with project management and coordination.
Minimum Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with a preference for a degree or experience in public health, public policy, health policy, health economics;
- Superb analytic/quantitative skills;
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint; experience with Tableau, WordPress, and/or DataWrapper, preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects;
- Strong organizational and management skills and attention to detail; and
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
KFF staff are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. Once staff are able to return to the office this full-time position will be based in KFF’s Washington, DC office. This position is term-limited for 24 months. KFF offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, including an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org, labeling your documents “LAST Name_First_Document Title”. Please write “Research Assistant, KPMU” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please.
KFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under law.