LOCATION: San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
STATUS: Full time; 12-month term-limited position with possibility for extension
PROGRAM AREA: Social Impact Media
KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation) is an endowed, nonprofit organization filling the need for trusted, independent information on national health issues. KFF develops and runs its own policy analysis, polling, journalism and communications programs.
The Social Impact Media team leads creative strategy, content development and media placement for KFF’s public information campaigns. We provide accessible facts and dispel misinformation about important health issues facing underserved communities. Campaigns, often produced with health agencies, media and other public / private sector partners, are multi-faceted with an emphasis on digital and social media. Current initiatives address HIV and other STDs and COVID-19 with a cross-cutting focus on health equity.
KFF is seeking a Program Associate to support the Social Impact Media team in the areas of creative development, web/digital content, community outreach, and tracking /reporting. This position is also responsible for processing program expenses and coordinating meetings.
- Update content on websites and other digital/social platforms.
- Maintain contacts database.
- Support tracking and reporting of campaign metrics.
- Provide logistical and talent support for campaign productions.
- Assist with meeting and event planning and presentations, as needed.
- Process contracts and invoices.
- Minimum of two years work experience in social marketing, health communication, digital media and/or other related fields.
- Strong project management skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently and balance priorities, both independently and as part of a fast-paced team.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite required; prior experience with Asana, Salesforce and/or WordPress is a plus.
- Demonstrated interest in using digital media platforms for social good.
- Understanding of and commitment to KFF’s mission.
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s San Francisco Headquarters, located in China Basin (preferred) or in KFF’s Washington, DC office. KFF is currently working a hybrid schedule and requires all staff to work in the office a minimum of 3 days a week. The position is term-limited for 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, and you have the requisite experience and qualifications, please submit a resume and a few sentences on why you are interested in this position, as separate attachments, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Label your documents “Last Name_First Name_[“Resume” or “Interest]” and include “Social Impact Media Program Associate” in the email subject line.
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
KFF requires all employees to provide proof that they are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.