Operations and Conference Center Manager San Francisco Headquarters
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
STATUS: Full-time; Exempt
PROGRAM AREA: Operations
KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation), a leading health policy analysis and information organization, is seeking a highly motivated candidate for an Operations and Conference Center Manager position to actively manage office and conference center operations for its San Francisco Headquarters. KFF’s new San Francisco office and meeting facilities were designed to attract and host important conversations to advance public understanding of national and global health issues, and are furnished with state-of-the-art technology and amenities. Overseeing the operations of KFF’s SF Headquarters plays an important role in enhancing KFF’s national presence and impact, which requires a candidate with strong external communication skills.
This is a position for an individual who has tremendous attention to detail, and who enjoys handling a broad range of work duties in a mission-driven organization made up of dedicated professionals who are deeply committed to KFF’s mission and work.
The Operations and Conference Center Manager will report to KFF’s San Francisco-based Vice President of Human Resources and will work closely with KFF’s Chief Operating Officer and Vice President for Communications, and other senior level staff. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day office operations and for the facilitation and execution of events in its Conference Center.
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s San Francisco, CA headquarters, located near Caltrain, Muni, and other public transportation hubs. Competitive salary commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Conference Center Operations:
- Shepherd internal and external events ranging from staff meetings to high-profile events from initial request to completion, while always maintaining positive public relations.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating meeting rooms, security, outside vendors, suppliers and consultants as required ensuring the success of events held in the facility.
- Determine event set-up requirements and schedule resources. Coordinate requirements with relevant staff, which may include furnishings, audio visual, and printed and graphic materials.
- Schedule pre-event walkthroughs and provide day-of support.
- Give tours of the facility and share facility descriptions and policies for use.
- Assist the VP of Communications in outreach and identifying external organizations that would benefit from their use of KFF’s conference facilities.
- Work with KFF Communications to update conference center collateral and information on kff.org.
- Schedule deliveries and access with property management for catering and rental deliveries.
- Primary liaison with property management and other facility contractors and vendors to ensure that all building maintenance, repairs, and upgrades are scheduled, supervised, and completed in a timely, efficient, and effective manner. Conduct regular inspections of the KFF facility to monitor repairs, maintenance, safety and cleaning activities. Nurture and maintain positive relationship with property management and outside vendors.
- Point of contact for the City of San Francisco’s Department of Public Health and Fire Department for inspections to maintain requirements for catering prep kitchen and assembly permits.
- Oversee building emergency and safety program including emergency notification system, AED program, drills, staff presentations and education, and supplies.
- Oversee requisition of office supplies, letterhead, business cards, and equipment as well as services for office and equipment repairs, including management of service contracts. Review and approve invoices for payment and reconcile monthly corporate AMEX statement.
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of the common workroom, fitness center, conference rooms, kitchen, storage areas and pantries, and offices.
- Onboard new hires with office orientation that includes issuing building access cards, suite keys, dog tags, and bike room access, as applicable.
- Prepare annual liability insurance applications to review with Chief Financial Officer. Maintain drivers on auto policy. Request certificates of insurance, as needed.
- Review budget with Accounting Manager quarterly.
- Work with COO and VP of Human Resources in developing, managing, evaluating, and revising SF office procedures and policies.
- Supervise two operations support staff, including front desk operations.
- Coordinate and support internal staff events.
- Provide support on human resources activities, as needed.
Minimum Desired Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum five years’ direct prior experience in similar positions.
- Extensive experience and high proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Self-motivated, flexible, driven, and demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated experience handling a high volume of work and function proficiently in a fast-paced environment with the ability to organize an assorted and diverse workload while maintaining set priorities.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining positive and productive in demanding situations. Adjust to changing priorities with continued attention to detail and timelines. Requires flexibility in an environment where priorities shift regularly.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills to deal with KFF staff and Board Members, government officials, press, media, and people at all levels in other organizations.
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of staff and guest personalities in a friendly, helpful and proactive manner.
- Ability to use good judgment when handling requests and problems.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal communication, and time-management skills, and attention to detail.
- Willingness to work flexible hours when events or office-related tasks require supervision outside of normal business hours.
- Professional image essential.
Not required but additional attributes considered significant pluses:
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to KFF’s work and mission.
- Knowledge of the health and health policy world in which KFF works.
- Possess State of California Notary Public Commission.
- Possess Food Safety Manager Certification or Food Handling Card issued by the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume, and references as separate attachments to email@example.com labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and writing “SF Operations & Conference Center Manager” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please.
KFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.