Internship, Information Technology
Location: Washington, DC
Hours: Full time or Part time
Term: One year
Reports to: Senior Technology Officer
The Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-profit organization focusing on health issues facing the nation and its people, and is a widely respected leader in national health policy and health communications, is seeking an intern for its Technology Working Group (TWG).
TWG provides Help Desk and technical support to the Foundation’s various departments. The TWG Intern will be involved in troubleshooting computer issues, installing and uninstalling hardware and software, and updating all documentation.
This internship provides an opportunity to work on a wide variety of technologies including laptops, desktops, printers, mobile devices, and audio/video equipment. The TWG intern will gain practical work experience troubleshooting and resolving computer issues, expand their knowledge of a range of software programs, and deepen their understand of how a network environment works.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- High interest and familiarity with computers and technology;
- Setup, diagnose, and repair computer and related issues;
- Proficient with Microsoft and Adobe products (e.g., Outlook, Word, Acrobat Pro);
- Troubleshoot basic networking issues (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS);
- Ability to lift 30 lbs;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; and
- Enrolled in an academic program.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with mobile devices (e.g., Apple, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phones);
- Experience with Cisco Networking and Cisco Unity telephony; and
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2-2012 Hyper-V, Exchange 2010, and Active Directory.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title.” Please write “Information Technology Internship-DC” in the email heading. No phone inquiries.
The Kaiser Family Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.