Human Resources Coordinator
LOCATION: Washington, DC
Program Area: Human Resources
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a nonprofit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communications, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a nonpartisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
The Human Resources department plays a central role in supporting a diverse staff of 185 employees. This is an opportunity to become part of a team supporting a nonpartisan mission-driven organization working with dedicated colleagues committed to improving health care for all communities. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, KFF also has a large staff presence in Washington, DC as well as a few smaller satellite offices.
KFF is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in what we do and how we do it, and the hallmark of everything KFF does, in every program area, is focused on people.
KFF is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to provide critical support to KFF’s recruiting and employee engagement efforts while also providing general assistance on various HR-related projects and tasks. This entry level position will provide an opportunity to grow as an HR generalist. The ideal candidate will be service oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and capable of providing the highest level of support and assistance to internal staff and to external job candidates throughout the recruiting process. This is a full-time position reporting to the Associate Director, Staffing and Employee Engagement, and will be based in KFF’s Washington, DC office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Associate Director in all aspects of the recruiting process, including:
- Assist in drafting position descriptions;
- Manage job postings;
- Research and identify new job posting platforms;
- Manage recruitment process within KFF’s HRIS platform;
- Help facilitate a positive candidate experience; and
- Assist in the rollout of a new applicant tracking system.
- Provide general administrative support to the Senior Vice President for Human Resources, the Associate Director, and to the HR team, as needed;
- Coordinate and manage the scheduling of new hire orientations;
- Assist in the development of employee engagement activities;
- Assist in developing procedures to streamline and improve existing HR processes;
- Provide onsite HR support to the Washington, DC staff; and
- Other HR related projects as assigned and needed.
Minimum Required Expertise and Qualifications:
- Highly organized with solid project management and administrative skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Tact, discretion and good self-expression with strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to effectively work in a collaborative environment and manage multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail;
- Willingness to support KFF’s efforts to promote an inclusive and equitable work environment; fluency in DEI concepts a plus;
- Adept with technology and a willingness to learn new platforms and tools; and
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s Washington, DC office, located downtown near Metro Center (preferred) or in KFF’s San Francisco office. KFF is currently working a hybrid schedule and requires all staff to work in the office a minimum of 3 days a week.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please submit the following as separate attachments to email@example.com labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “Human Resources Coordinator” in the email subject:
- Cover letter
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries, please.
KFF requires all employees to provide proof that they are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccination.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.