Associate Director – Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Program Area: Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured
The Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF), a nonprofit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism, and communications, dedicated to filling the need for trusted information on national health issues. KFF serves as a nonpartisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
KFF’s Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured provides information and analysis on health care coverage and access to care for the low-income population with a special focus on Medicaid’s role. As a senior member of the Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured team, the Associate Director will oversee and conduct policy-relevant research and data analyses on key aspects of the Medicaid program and coverage for those who are uninsured. The successful candidate will have extensive knowledge of Medicaid policy and demonstrated analytic and communication skills with quantitative analysis experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, direct, and implement policy and data analyses related to key issues in Medicaid and health coverage for low-income populations, including eligibility and enrollment policies, financing, access to care, and prescription drugs.
- Oversee and conduct original research and analysis using large administrative, survey, or health claims databases:
- Write and prepare fact sheets, policy briefs, reports, and other KFF products and prepare figures, tables, charts and other data visualizations to effectively communicate key findings.
- In coordination with other senior leaders, develop strategic work plans to anticipate emerging policy issues and how KFF can help inform those debates.
- Represent KFF as a national policy expert on Medicaid and at external events, with policymakers and the media.
Minimum Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Advanced degree (Doctorate or Master’s) in public health, public policy, health policy, health economics, statistics, biostatistics, econometrics, or related field;
- Minimum 7-10 years of directly related work experience in Medicaid policy and quantitative data analysis,
- In-depth knowledge of Medicaid policy issues;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex data and policy and effectively communicate results through presentations, writing and data visualization;
- Database and statistical programming experience and experience conducting and overseeing research and quantitative analysis using large administrative, survey, or health claims databases;
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please submit the following as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “Associate Director Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured” in the email subject:
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.