Associate Director, Creative & Content
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA or Washington, DC
STATUS: Full time
PROGRAM AREA: Social Impact Media
KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation) is an endowed, nonprofit organization filling the need for trusted, independent information on national health issues. KFF develops and runs its own policy analysis, polling, journalism and communications programs.
The Social Impact Media team leads creative strategy, content development and media placement for KFF’s public information campaigns. We provide accessible facts and dispel misinformation about important health issues facing underserved communities. Campaigns, often produced with health agencies, media and other public / private sector partners, are multi-faceted with an emphasis on digital and social media. Current initiatives address HIV and other STDs and COVID-19 with a cross-cutting focus on health equity.
KFF is seeking an Associate Director to join the Social Impact Media team to advise on creative strategy and lead content development. This senior-level position works closely with the program’s Senior Vice President and Director and is responsible for managing a Content Manager and several external contractors and vendors, including graphic designer(s), video producer(s), communications/social media agencies, printer(s), etc.
- Advise on creative strategy for social impact campaigns based on community needs and organizational priorities.
- Lead production of creative assets to engage and inspire audiences with a focus on social/digital media.
- Manage content on social/digital platforms (i.e., Facebook/Instagram, YouTube/Google, Twitter and Pinterest).
- Maintain campaign websites, coordinating with contracted developers and content contributors.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of directly related work experience in social marketing, health communications, digital media and/or related fields.
- Innovative leader with passion for social impact media.
- Proven ability to execute creative vision into results-driven campaigns.
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms and experience with web development.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to handle a high volume of work and function in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful track record working collaboratively with team members and managing staff and/or contractors.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite required; prior experience with Asana, Salesforce and/or WordPress is a plus.
- Understanding of and commitment to KFF’s mission.
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s San Francisco Headquarters, located in China Basin (preferred) or in KFF’s Washington, DC office. KFF is currently working a hybrid schedule and requires all staff to work in the office a minimum of 3 days a week.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
If this opportunity interests you, and you have the requisite experience and qualifications, please submit a resume and a few sentences on why you are interested in this position, as separate attachments, to: email@example.com
Label your documents “Last Name_First Name_[“Resume” or “Interest]” and include “Social Impact Media Associate Director” in the email subject line.
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries please.
KFF requires all employees to provide proof that they are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.