Accounts Payable Clerk
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
STATUS: Full-time; Non-Exempt
PROGRAM AREA: Finance
This is a unique entry level opportunity to work within a small Accounting team responsible for KFF’s budgeting and financial reporting. The position offers a great learning experience and in-depth exposure to the full accounting cycle within a non-profit organization. Key responsibilities will include reviewing expense reports and invoices for weekly check runs and supporting the Accounting Manager and Chief Financial Officer on completion of the month-end close process. As an integral member of the Accounting team, he/she is expected to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as committing to accuracy and detail.
This full-time position is based in KFF’s San Francisco, California headquarters, located near Caltrain, Muni and other public transportation hubs. This is a two-year term position with the possibility of extension if the funding is available. Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, and includes an excellent benefits package.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and code check requests;
- Audit and code employee expense reports;
- Enter disbursements into GP Dynamic accounting system;
- Process check runs;
- File paid vouchers;
- Research payment history;
- Account reconciliations; and
- Take on special projects and provide assistance, as needed.
Minimum Desired Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent math and organizational skills;
- Experience with MS Excel and Word; and
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a collaborative setting.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume, and references as separate attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “AP Clerk” in the email heading. No phone inquiries please.
KFF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.