Accounts Payable Accountant
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
STATUS: Full-time; Non-Exempt
PROGRAM AREA: Finance/Accounting
KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation) a non-profit organization, is a leader in health policy analysis, polling and survey research, health journalism and communication. KFF serves as a non-partisan source of facts, information, and analysis for policymakers, the media, the health care community, and the public.
The accounting department plays a central role in supporting a staff of 185 employees as well as numerous external vendors. This is an opportunity to become part of a team supporting a nonpartisan mission-driven organization working with dedicated colleagues committed to improving health care for all communities. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, KFF also has a large staff presence in Washington, DC as well as a few smaller satellite offices.
KFF is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in what we do and how we do it, and the hallmark of everything KFF does, in every program area, is focused on people.
KFF is seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant to support the Accounting Department by performing a variety of accounts payable processing duties. The position requires a commitment to accuracy and attention to detail, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and code check requests
- Audit and code employee expense reports
- Enter disbursements into Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting system
- Process check runs and electronic payments
- File paid vouchers
- Research vendor payment history
- Journal entry posting & account reconciliation
- Preparation of bank deposits
- Special projects and provide other assistance, as needed
Minimum Desired Experience and Skills:
- Experience with accounts payable procedures
- Knowledge of automated expense and accounting system (Dynamics GP a plus)
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
- Excellent math and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel & Word
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a collaborative setting
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, across multiple teams, as well as with external vendors and other parties
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business administration preferred
This full-time position will be based in KFF’s San Francisco, CA location, located in China Basin. KFF is currently working a hybrid schedule and requires all staff to work in the office a minimum of 2 days a week.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and includes an excellent benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position please submit the following as separate attachments to email@example.com labeling your documents “Last Name_First Name_Document Title” and including “Accounts Payable Accountant” in the email subject:
- Cover letter
- 3 References
KFF has an efficient applicant review process and will contact candidates who have applied for this position and whose qualifications most closely fit the criteria for the job. No phone inquiries, please.
KFF requires all employees to provide proof that they are up to date on their COVID-19 vaccinations.
It is the policy of KFF to actively promote a diverse and inclusive workplace in every respect, and to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees in every phase of employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, arrest or conviction records, or other categories protected under the law.