Financing the Response to AIDS in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: International Assistance from Donor Governments in 2014
The Third International Conference on Financing for Development, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, July 2015.
- UNAIDS, GAP Report; 2014.
The Lancet, Defeating AIDS – advancing global health; June 2015.
- See, Kaiser Family Foundation, https://www.kff.org/global-health-policy/report/financing-the-response-to-aids-in-low/.
- FCAA estimates of Philanthropic support in 2013 to address HIV/AIDS in Low-and-Middle-Income countries, Sep 2014.
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, Grant Portfolio: Portfolio Overview (http://portfolio.theglobalfund.org/en/Home/Index), accessed January 2015.
UNITAID, 2014 Financial Statements.
- Based on analysis of the Global Fund’s Pledges and Contributions database and UNITAID’s 2015 Annual Report. The four DAC members that contributed to UNITAID in 2014 include: France, Norway, the Republic of Korea, and the U.K.
- Non-DAC donors that have contributed to the Global Fund at some point between 2001 and 2014 include: Brunei Darussalam, China, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, India, Kenya, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Malawi, Malaysia, Monaco, Namibia, Nigeria, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Thailand, Tunisia, and Zimbabwe. Non-DAC donors that have contributed to UNITAID at some point between 2006 and 2014 include: Brazil, Cameroon, Chile, Congo, Cyprus, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritius, and Niger.
UNAIDS estimate of resources available for HIV from all sources, June 2015. This estimate includes domestic expenditures (public and private) for all low- and middle- income countries, including countries that transitioned into the high income level, according to World Bank 2013 country classification of income status.
United Nations, General Assembly, Political Declaration on HIV and AIDS: Intensifying Our Efforts to Eliminate HIV and AIDS, A/RES/65/277 (8 July 2011), http://www.unaids.org/sites/default/files/sub_landing/files/20110610_UN_A-RES-65-277_en.pdf.