March 10 Web Event: The Present and Future of the HIV Policy Landscape
What does the landscape of HIV policy look like, and what are its implications for the future? Please join the HIV Policy Lab at the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law and KFF (Kaiser Family Foundation) for a virtual event sharing new analyses on the current state of HIV policies around the world and opportunities and challenges on the horizon, as PEPFAR approaches its two-decade mark and begins the process of developing the next five-year strategy.
Date: March 10, 2022
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. ET
The event will share key findings from a new report by the HIV Policy Lab and a new analysis by KFF, which uses HIV Policy Lab data to show that countries and regions with PEPFAR support have greater policy alignment with international recommendations than those without. Speakers from PEPFAR and the Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+) will also discuss the policy change opportunities and challenges ahead and how they are working to advance social enabler policies.
- Angeli Achrekar, Acting U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator, PEPFAR
- Matthew Kavanagh, Acting Deputy Executive Director, UNAIDS
- Jennifer Kates, Senior Vice President and Director of Global Health & HIV Policy, KFF
- Sharonann Lynch, Senior Scholar, Global Health Policy and Politics Initiative, O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law
- Cedric Nininahazwe, Global Advocacy Manager, Global Network of People Living with HIV (GNP+)