Medicaid Unwinding

I was notified that I was ineligible for Medicaid, but I believe this decision was made in error. Who should I contact regarding this issue?

You can appeal your decision if you believe that your eligibility decision was made in error. The information on appeal and fair hearing rights as well as how to file an appeal should be included in the notice you received telling you that your Medicaid coverage was ending. If that information was not clear or was not included in the notice, contact your state Medicaid agency to ask about the steps needed to file an appeal.

While we have made every effort to provide accurate information in these FAQs, people should contact the health insurance Marketplace or Medicaid agency in their state for guidance on their specific circumstances.

KFF Headquarters: 185 Berry St., Suite 2000, San Francisco, CA 94107 | Phone 650-854-9400
Washington Offices and Barbara Jordan Conference Center: 1330 G Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005 | Phone 202-347-5270 | Email Alerts: | |

The independent source for health policy research, polling, and news, KFF is a nonprofit organization based in San Francisco, California.